Education- Bachelor of Education: Queen's University (1993)
- BA (Honors) in Anthropology: University of Western Ontario (1992)
- Special Education Part 1: University of Western Ontario (1994)
- Several workshops and conferences on various special education topics
Experience- BC Certified Teacher available for tutoring home learners during daytime hours and any students during the summer. K to grade 8. Math and Language Arts.
- I specialize in tutoring children with special needs including ADHD, ASD (autism), dyslexia, sensory processing difficulties, brain damage and behavioural issues.
- 10 years experience tutoring a variety of children at the elementary level full time. 5 years teaching in a classroom.
- I am friendly, fun, and patient. I teach with an emphasis on hands-on, relevant learning.
HobbiesI love to laugh and have fun.
I enjoy dancing, singing, and playing piano and guitar.
I love to take long walks - especially beside the ocean.
I have a 15 year old son who I enjoy spending time with and travelling with.
I also enjoy spending time with friends, reading, cooking, and gardening.
7th Grade, 3rd Grade math, 7th Grade Science, 6th Grade Writing, 3rd Grade Writing, 8th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Reading, 8th Grade Writing, 5th Grade, Summer Tutoring, 6th Grade Science, 2nd Grade Reading, 1st Grade Reading, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade, 3rd Grade Science, 4th Grade math, 1st Grade, 4th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Reading, 1st Grade Writing, 6th Grade, 1st Grade math, 5th Grade Science, 2nd Grade, 6th Grade Reading, 7th Grade Reading, Middle School, 8th Grade math, ADHD, Special Education, Homeschool, Kindergarten - 8th Grade, Middle School Math, Math, ADD, Reading, 2nd Grade Writing, 6th Grade math, 3rd Grade Reading, 7th Grade math, 4th Grade, 4th Grade Science, 8th Grade, Math, 5th Grade math, 5th Grade Writing, Phonics
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.